Nothing beats the crispy edges of a perfectly fried breakfast potato. The golden-brown crust and the soft inside makes it a treat first thing in the morning. We can always kick it up a bit though by adding other things in with those delicious potatoes. For this delicious breakfast skillet recipe, we are going to be layering in our flavors by cooking items separately and then combining them all in the end to yield us a delicious breakfast skillet. To get this Breakfast Sausage Skillet ready you will need the following ingredients:
1 Ea. Yellow Onion
1 Ea. Green Pepper
9 oz. Pork Chorizo
2 Lbs. Russet potatoes
2 Tea. Cornmeal
2 Tea. Salt
2 Tea. Paprika
2 Tea. Black Pepper
2 Tbl. Dried Parsley
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Instructions for Breakfast Skillet with Potatoes:
- Begin by boiling potatoes in a pot of salted water. Boil them for 20 minutes or until they are tender. Then chill them in an ice bath. Once cooled, peel of the skins with a knife.
- Dice your potatoes into medium size pieces. They should be small enough that you can easily put them on a fork.
- Combine the cornmeal, salt, paprika and, pepper.
- Heat your American Steam Griddle to 350°.
- Once heated, add some oil and fry the potatoes. Sprinkle the seasoning on top and let them cook for 10 minutes. In order to obtain a nice crust, you need to leave the potatoes alone, don’t be tempted to flip or stir them right now.
- On the other side of the griddle, add the onions and cook until golden brown, remove and put in a bowl.
- Repeat this process with the green peppers.
- Now cook the chorizo, drain, and place in a bowl with onions and peppers.
- Flip the potatoes now and cook them for 5 more minutes on the other side.
- Crack and scramble the twelve eggs, cook them on the griddle. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the skillet up in the bowl and place it in individual serving containers.
- Top with cheddar cheese and serve.
This is a great multifunctional recipe that can be used for numerous occasions. Also, leftovers work great as stuffing for breakfast burritos. If you like this great homestyle breakfast skillet recipe, check out more of my American Griddle inspired breakfast recipe ideas.