Birthday Cake Pancakes with American Griddle
Preheat your American Steam Griddle or whatever griddle surface you will be using to 350° or medium-high heat.
For this recipe, we are going to create a rich and fun alternative to you normal boring buttermilk pancakes. This fun recipe will give you an amazing fun-filled breakfast or brunch option that is sure to turn heads. Follow these steps and get started on your new go-to pancake recipe:
- 1.5 C. AP Flour
- ½ C. Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Tbl. Baking Powder
- 1 Tbl. Sugar
- ¼ Tea. Salt
- 2 Tbl. Rainbow Sprinkles
- 2 Ea. Eggs
- ¼ C. Butter
- ¼ C. Milk
- 1 C Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbl. Butter
- 2 Tbl. Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbl. Whole Milk
- ¼ Tbl. Vanilla Extract
- To prepare the birthday cake batter, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk separately.
- Slowly add your wet bowl to the dry bowl and whisk until combined.
- Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze by combining all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. At this point you can add food coloring if desired.
- Butter the griddle and add 3 oz. of batter per cake to the griddle and allow it to cook until bubbles form on top.
- Flip the griddle cakes and allow it to cook on the other side.
- Stack on plate and drizzle with glaze. Garnish with whipped cream, cherries, cookie crumbles, etc.
Is the butter softened or melted? Sounds good though.