48 Hour Beef Stock Recipe
Here is my Recipe for cooking roasted beef stock in our Thermodyne industrial food warmer. This recipe combines classic techniques with everyday ingredients. Traditionally a stock is made on a stovetop simmered in a large stock pot. With this technique though you can make beef stock using a Thermodyne industrial food warmer that has a more precise temperature and even heat than a normal stove top method. Here is the recipe and procedure:
8 Lbs. Beef Bones
4 Ea. Yellow Onions
1 Bunch Celery
2 Lbs. Carrots
12 Cloves Garlic
1 Ea. Shallot
8 Sprigs Thyme
4 Sprigs Rosemary
1 Stalk Parsley
2 Gallons Water
Tomato Paste (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees.
- Place bones on a roasting tray and roast for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove from oven and brush with tomato paste. return to the oven and roast for 5 more minutes.
- Cut the vegetables in a large dice and place in a 6-inch Cambro pan. Also, and in herbs, water and bones- along with any pan drippings.
- Place in a Thermodyne oven set at 190° and let it cook for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer.
- Discard the vegetables and bones.
- Chill the stock in ice bath until its chilled.
- Label and place in Cooler.