Gooey Grilled Cheese
Sour Dough 2, Slices
Mayo 2 Tbl.
Whole Butter Softened 2 Tbl.
Murray Yellow Cheddar 3 Oz.
Murray Smoked White Cheddar 2 Oz.
- Start by preheating your pan or griddle; you want a medium heat.
- Shredded your block cheese and measure out 3oz. of yellow cheddar and 2oz. of white cheddar.
- Apply 1 Tbl. of mayo to each piece of bread, then apply 1 Tbl. of butter on top of the layer of mayo.
- Lay the buttered side down in your pan.
- Next, evenly sprinkle the cheese over the bread, sprinkle a bit over the edge of the bread so it lands on the pan. This will cause those bits to get nice and crunchy and give your grilled cheese more texture.
- Allow it to cook for 7 minutes over medium heat. A lot of people make the mistake of cooking it over to high of a heat. You’ll get a quicker crust on you bread but won’t remove the moisture out of the bread resulting in a soggy sandwich. Take your time and cook it over medium heat and let the bread dry out and the cheese to slowly melt.
- After 7 minutes, carefully fold over your sandwich.
- Let it rest on a wire rack for 1 minute before slicing. This allows the top and bottom layers of the cheese to really come together to form one nice layer of cheese.
- Finally cut your griddle cheese and serve.