White onions 3ea
Green Peppers 2ea
Ground Beef 5lbs
Tomato Sauce 12C
Diced Tomato, Fire Roasted 48oz
Beef Base 1Tbl
Chili Powder 4Tbl
Basil, Dried 1Tea
Oregano, Dried 1Tea
Allspice ½ Tea
Smoked Brisket, chopped 2Lbs
Steak, Grilled & Chopped 2Lbs
Cocoa Powder 2tea
Mixed Chili Beans 36oz
- Dice the onions and green peppers and sauté in in large oven proof stock pot
- Onions the onions have begun to Carmelize, add in the ground beef.
- Use a whisk to help break up the ground beef into small pieces.
- Once beef is cooked through, add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beef base, chili powder, cumin, paprika, basil, oregano, allspice and water. Let this come to a simer. (Do not drain grease)
- Once it comes to a simmer, place in a 300 Degrees oven for 1 hour. (Alternatively you could just let it simmer in on stove top but it is more evenly heated in the oven and the top of the chili gets a nice caramelization to it)
- Remove from oven and add in your brisket, steak, Cocoa Powder, beans and coffee.
- You can use any kind of steak you have. The steak and brisket aren’t needed but do provide the chili with a more hearty texture.
- Place back in the oven and let it cook for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and it is ready to go but remember chili is always better the next day. Allow it to chill overnight give the chili an even better texture and flavor profile. If you have the time, always make your chili a day ahead of time!